How To Adopt
There are many cats and kittens to choose from. You can select a furry friend that is perfect for you. There are loveable cats and kittens of every age, colour, size, and length of fur. Some of the animals have special needs. Caring for these animals can be especially rewarding.
Important things to consider!
Adopting an animal is an important decision. Caring for an animal requires a long-term commitment - up to 20 years! Here are some things to think about before adopting a furry friend:
• Do you have the budget for food, litter, ongoing vaccinations and any necessary medical treatments?
• Do you have time at home to interact with your pet?
• Do you have other animals at home?
• Do you have babies or small children at home?
• Do you have permission from your landlord?
Every year we place over 400 animals in loving homes. Read some of our success stories and see the positive impact Furry Friends makes for animals and those who love them.
What’s the process?
1. Visit us to select your new pet
Our friendly volunteers can show you the animals that are waiting to be adopted into a ‘forever’ home and help you make a selection that suits your lifestyle. Thankfully, most cats are quickly adopted into loving homes, but there are always new furry friends patiently waiting their turn to find life-long companions.
Furry Friends Animal Shelter:
25 Hart Drive, Unit 15, Barrie
For two weeks every month we also adopt cats and kittens out of PetSmart, 33 Mapleview Drive East, Barrie.
Adoption hours: Monday - Saturday, 9:00 am - 9:00 pm and
Sunday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
2. Complete and sign an Application to Adopt form. If approved, you will be asked to sign an Animal Adoption Contract and pay a $170 fee (cash only).
This fee covers the costs involved in preparing animals for adoption:
1. All animals are spayed/neutered.