You can help!
Furry Friends counts on the support of our many donors and friends to help rescue and care for approximately 1,000 abandoned animals every year.
Each donation makes a real difference in the quality of care we offer and positively impacts the lives of some of the most vulnerable animals in Barrie. The cost of looking after approximately 200 cats and kittens (it changes daily) is high. Food, litter, shelter and care by qualified veterinarians (vaccinations, treatments, spaying/neutering) can really add up. Furry Friends is operated completely by volunteers so you can be sure that 100% of your donation goes directly to helping animals in crisis.
It's easy to donate!
There are a number of ways you can choose to support the Furry Friends Animal Shelter (registered charity #882610124). Tax receipts are issued for donations of $10 and over.
1. Donate Online: Click on the button below to make a secure donation using your credit card. You can also become a monthly donor or make a tribute in memory of a loved one.
2. By E-mail: Send an e-mail to email@example.com and a fundraising volunteer will contact you right away.
3. By Mail to: Furry Friends Animal Shelter, 25 Hart Drive, Unit 15, Barrie, Ontario, L4N 5R8 (please make the cheque payable to Furry Friends Animal Shelter).
You can also drop some spare change in one of our Furry Friends donation boxes located at stores and restaurants throughout Barrie (The Body Shop, Lick's, Wimpy's, Ye Olde General Store and various veterinary clinics). Every little bit makes a big difference!
Other ways you can help...
1. Attend one of our fundraisers
Check out our upcoming events.
2. Donate to our "Pennies for Pussycats" campaign
Third-party events are fundraisers that benefit Furry Friends. They are coordinated and executed by individuals or organizations independent from Furry Friends. The fundraisers increase awareness of Furry Friends and help provide life-saving care to animals in need. Ideas could include:
• Hosting a garage sale
• Throwing a party at a local restaurant or bar
• Hosting an annual memorial event for a loved one
• Throwing a dinner party
• Raising funds at school
• Having an event at your office
• Organizing a golf outing or sports tournament
Please contact us with your ideas. We’re excited to work with you!
4. Become a sponsor. We would be pleased to forward you a sponsorship package or speak with your business/organization about potential partnerships.
5. Donate a gift from our Wish List
We really appreciate donations of cat food, litter and cleaning supplies. Donations can be dropped off at our shelter at 25 Hart Drive, Unit 15, Barrie, Ontario (see map). Please contact us to make sure a volunteer is onsite when you drop off your items.
Our Wish List
6. Canadian Tire money
We also appreciate Canadian Tire money to purchase items on this list. Please place it in the mailbox at the shelter, or drop it into one our donation boxes.
7. Give us your Zehrs’ receipts
For every $450 that gets spent at any Zehrs store, Furry Friends receives $1. Believe it or not, that can really add up fast! This cash helps Furry Friends pay for monthly expenses like phone and gas bills. What an easy way to help! Just place your receipts in the mailbox at the shelter, or drop it into one our donation boxes.