Help get our furry friends home for the holidays
Adoption volunteers are needed at the PetSmart Adoption Centre! We need committed, friendly, cat lovers to help us find permanent, loving homes for adoption-ready cats and kittens. You can make their dreams come true!
1. Provide excellent customer service, answering questions about Furry Friends and the adoption process.
2. "Interview" potential adopters and complete adoption requirements as per Furry Friends and PetSmart procedures
3. Care for cats and kittens: provide food and water, play and comfort them
4. Keep the adoption centre tidy: empty litter when necessary, freshen laundry, disinfect cages, etc.
1. Excellent customer service, pleasant and professional demeanor.
2. Passion for the care of cats and kittens at Furry Friends.
3. Excellent judgement and ability to determine the suitability of a home for adoption.
4. Comfortable completing forms and handling cash.
5. Ability to volunteer for 3 hours per week with a minimum 6 month commitment.
6. Patient, friendly and good team player.
7. Dependable and able to work with minimum supervision.
8. Minimum 18 years old (or accompanied by someone who is 18 for the entire shift).
1. The opportunity to be part of a dedicated volunteer team that finds permanent, loving homes for abandoned and abused cats and kittens. 2. Develop or use experience and skills in animal care.
3. Convenient location: PetSmart Adoption Centre is located at 33 Mapleview Drive West in Barrie, just off the 400, on public transit routes and close to great restaurants and shopping!
4. Flexible schedule: Furry Friends is in the PetSmart Adoption Centre two weeks each month. Volunteers do two 3-hour shifts per cycle. Shifts run from 9-12, 12-3, 3-6 and 6-9 weekdays and weekends.
5. Volunteer with a friend or family member!
6. Reference or confirmation of volunteer hours.
For more information or to apply for this position, click on the "volunteer" tab, and complete the online volunteer application form. Thanks so much for your consideration!